Outdoors & Adventures
Winter Break was an exciting time of holiday events, great food, sugary treats and late nights. If was a lot of fun and it completely threw my family off schedule. With today being the first day back to school my kids were tired, grumpy and well, luckily, not late to school.
I meant to post this yesterday but better late than never I suppose.
If your family is anything like mine you know it can be complete chaos in the morning, Here are a few tips for starting back to school after a break (and really any school day).
1. Pick out clothes the night before - including socks and shoes
2. Pre Pack lunches - or at least get all the food together in the fridge to quickly throw in their lunchbox in the morning.
3. If you have girls with curls, wash their hair the night before and braid it before bed. This helps so much with the dreaded brushing of knotted hair.
4. Get your kids in bed early. This one seems obvious but we sometimes have a hard time especially after a break when their sleep schedules change.
5. Stick to your routines. This is sometimes easier said than done when you have multiple kids and after school activites and well life.
6. Keep lots of snacks handy for that after school crash. I even bring a snack for the car ride home.
8. Give yourself enough time in the morning. I know most of us want to push snooze as many times as possible but it just makes the morning panic worse once you finally get up.
I know a lot of those seem like obvious tips but I find it helpful just to reread them to remind myself what I already know I should be doing. Life is hectic and we can't always stick to our routines and that's ok but at least we can try (most of the time).
Please Login or Join To Post a Comment